On behalf of Sunrise Christian School, I would like to thank you all for your interest in our school life and in Christian education. We are ever grateful for those of you praying for the school. We are a small school with a big vision! We believe that Christian education should be available all over this country and parents should have a choice where to send their children.
Sunrise Christian School started with parents praying for a Christian school. Over the past few years by God’s grace the means of running the school often came through kind donations from our supporters.
We have truly been blessed with wonderful Christian teachers who are devoted to giving children Christian perspective throughout their education. A major objective is to keep the school affordable for all families who would like to have their children benefit from Christian education.
The School is reliant on additional fundraising activities to help with the day to day running costs, materials, staff wages. This is an appeal to those who may be led by The Lord, are able and inclined to support the school by making a one off or regular donation. Our school is part of seeing living Christian reformation in our nation again! We are very grateful for any donations, it all adds up. The easiest way to contribute, is to use the BT my donate link on our website: https://mydonate.bt.com/donation/donate.html?charity=sunrisechristianschool
The site allows you to make a single or regular donation with the option of gift aid.
The last month of the school year has come. It has brought wonderful blessings of answered prayer!
Let us thank God for:
– Providing Mr Markoff, the teacher we have all been praying for, who is helping lead and guide the school through God’s grace.
– For all the people who are supporting Sunrise Christian School through monetary contributions and those who are giving their time as volunteers.
– The vision and commitment of the school Board for more Christian schools nation-wide.
Please pray for:
– A suitable building to be found to expand our school’s capacity and help to move forward with provision of much needed secondary Christian education.
– More successful fundraising events that we can enjoy together.
– The news of Sunrise Christian School to be spread far and wide around the country, and that more people understand the necessity of Christian education in our day.
– That Government legislation will not prevent the existence of Christian schools.
“Continue in prayer, and watch in it with thanksgiving;” Colossians 4:2.
Saturday the 10th of June we held a fantastic fundraising event at our school. Themed “Very Chocolicious” it embraced a variety of home-made chocolate creations kindly created by parents and staff. The coffee shop was open to all visitors from 1:30 – 3:30 pm.
The table was truly bountiful. It was chocolate heaven! Thanks to all who kindly participated and those who came to support the school. A big THANK YOU to the organiser – Mrs Janneke Fraser who put massive amount of work into making this event a success. We all had a wonderful time working and socialising together. A wee plant sale was organised just outside the entrance, to which parents contributed plants and seedlings. The event raised £311.66.
If you have any ideas for raising funds for the school, please let us know. Whether it is a penny collection held by your family, collection box at your local church, sponsored walk or cycle. Whatever idea you have, we will encourage you to support the work of our school in teaching children to God’s glory and making them aware of the greatness of our Lord through all aspects of education.
The last term of the school year has come and we would like to express our gratitude to the Lord for all His goodness in our lives and specifically in His dealings with Sunrise Christian School. We are thankful for those who faithfully pray for the school near and far!, Remember “…the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much,” James 5:16.
Please give thanks for:
– The hard work that Mrs Stewart and Mrs Campbell are putting in in the time of vacancy for the new head teacher Continue reading May 2017 Prayer Requests
We would like to express gratitude to all who supported our school by giving through BT My donate, the link to which you can always find on our website!
BT MyDonate is a fundraising platform that, unlike some other giving sites, doesn’t charge charities any registration or subscription fees, or take any commission on donations- meaning every penny donated goes straight to Sunrise Christian School!
A lot of our supporters find it convenient as MyDonate is very easy to use and it gives you options to:
- choose to remain anonymous
- send a personalised message with your donation
- set up a regular contribution
- make a one off donation
- Gift aid your contributions
It has been a wonderful tool in helping us reach our goals in providing Christian education here in Glasgow for those who value the Lord’s standards in raising their children!
We are grateful to all who keep praying for our school. Your prayers have nourished the school and helped it grow and develop in the way the Lord has intended.
Please give thanks for:
· The service that Mr McCollum has given to the school and the growth that the school has had in the last 2 years
· All our supporters that make it possible for children to have affordable Christian education here in Glasgow Continue reading April prayer requests
We really appreciate all the prayers and support from all our friends. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and spread the word to others.
Give thanks for:
- the progress we’re seeing in each of the pupils as they learn and develop.
- prospective families visiting the school and new supporters expressing interest.
- a successful Open Day with new contacts.
- our Board making wise decisions for the good of the school.
- a new administrator and new classroom assistants.
Please pray for:
- a new head teacher to replace Mr McCollum once he leaves to become a minister in Stornoway.
- a new building so that we can continue to have spaces for new pupils.
- all our pupils to have faith in Christ and live their lives to His glory.
- wisdom for those considering Christian education for their children.
We are excited to introduce our new Sunrise Desserts and Delights recipe book. Compiled by parents and friends with tried and tested recipes of favorite desserts and home baking.
Enjoy hours of baking for your family and support Sunrise Christian School. Fundraising has never been so delicious! Books are £10 each, if interested – email email@example.com.
Continue reading New Recipe Book
We would like to invite you to our Open Day.
When? Wednesday 22nd February between 1.30 and 3pm
Where? 34 Saughs Drive, Glasgow, G33 1HG, just off the Junction 2 of the M80 motorway.
Visitors may drop in at any point during these times and will be able to see our pupils’ beautiful artwork, enjoy fantastic musical performances, and also hear about the exciting developments of the School. Prospective parents will have the opportunity to meet individually with members of staff to discuss their child’s education. The Open Day is not just for parents but for all who are interested in our school and even Christian education generally.
Continue reading Open Day
Happy New Year from Sunrise Christian School! We have seen real blessings from the Lord in 2016 and so have a lot to give thanks for. We also long for God to bless us in 2017. Would you commit to praying for us? Continue reading January Prayer Requests