Sunrise is planning to have our annual Winter Café to mark the closing of this year. It will be held at the school on Friday the 22nd of December between 12 and 2.30 pm. The tickets are £3 each, for which you will get a lunch including soup and a roll, home baking, tea/coffee, juice. And of course the children are preparing a wee performance for friends, family or visitors to enjoy! If you missed our Open day, this is the chance to come and see our school and have a lovely lunch with us.
Any enquiries or questions, please, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a desire to support our school but the budget just doesn’t stretch as far as you’d like? Then easyfundraising might be just right for you! So far our supporters have raised £945.07 this year – just by shopping for things they would have anyway! Particularly at this time of year as you may be purchasing gifts, please remember our school may also benefit through easyfundraising.
3 reasons to join:
1. Start raising free funds for Sunrise Christian School every time you shop online with easyfungraising.org.uk
2. It doesn’t cost you a penny extra when you shop
3. Get great deals from over 3,000 retailers ranging from Amazon to Expedia, you can collect donations on everything from groceries, gifts, electronics, clothing to household utilities, insurance and travel
Over £11 million raised for good causes through easyfundraising.org.uk!!!
How to get started:
Go to easyfundraising.org.uk and sign up for free, choosing to support Sunrise Christian School
Every time you shop online, head to easyfundraising first. There are over 3,000 retailers on board, so simply pick the one you want and start shopping
After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a free donation to your good cause – it doesn’t cost you a penny extra!
“…in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18
We are thankful for:
- Outdoor renovations with new monoblock
- Storage cabinet organised by Janneke Fraser
- Carpet cleaned by Simon Anderson with cleaner donated by Homebase
- Art (Janneke Fraser and Vera Wilson) and PE volunteers (Ian Gillies)
- Dedicated, skilled and enthusiastic volunteer teacher assistants
- School Vision Workshop organised by Simon and Syinyi that taught us to channel our efforts in order to achieve our dream for the school
- Harmony amongst staff and pupils
- Visit from Dutch Christians with an interest in supporting the school
- Anjali, who was one of the first pupils at our school, has come back from down south to join our school again!
We would like to focus our prayers on:
- The Lord’s help in organising an open day for the school
- A suitable school building to be provided to grow our school and fulfil our vision for Sunrise!
- The Lord’s provision of funds to either purchase land to build on/or purchase the new premises
- As grateful as we are to our Dutch Christian supporters, we would like to pray for an increased interest from local Christians and growth of kind donations from our homeland to help the school meet the running costs and follow its vision
- Continued interest in the school and more parents coming to realisation of importance of Christian education
- Continued favour within the community and from government agencies.
On behalf of Sunrise Christian School, I would like to thank you all for your interest in our school life and in Christian education. We are ever grateful for those of you praying for the school. We are a small school with a big vision! We believe that Christian education should be available all over this country and parents should have a choice where to send their children.
Sunrise Christian School started with parents praying for a Christian school. Over the past few years by God’s grace the means of running the school often came through kind donations from our supporters.
We have truly been blessed with wonderful Christian teachers who are devoted to giving children Christian perspective throughout their education. A major objective is to keep the school affordable for all families who would like to have their children benefit from Christian education.
The School is reliant on additional fundraising activities to help with the day to day running costs, materials, staff wages. This is an appeal to those who may be led by The Lord, are able and inclined to support the school by making a one off or regular donation. Our school is part of seeing living Christian reformation in our nation again! We are very grateful for any donations, it all adds up. The easiest way to contribute, is to use the BT my donate link on our website: https://mydonate.bt.com/donation/donate.html?charity=sunrisechristianschool
The site allows you to make a single or regular donation with the option of gift aid.
The last month of the school year has come. It has brought wonderful blessings of answered prayer!
Let us thank God for:
– Providing Mr Markoff, the teacher we have all been praying for, who is helping lead and guide the school through God’s grace.
– For all the people who are supporting Sunrise Christian School through monetary contributions and those who are giving their time as volunteers.
– The vision and commitment of the school Board for more Christian schools nation-wide.
Please pray for:
– A suitable building to be found to expand our school’s capacity and help to move forward with provision of much needed secondary Christian education.
– More successful fundraising events that we can enjoy together.
– The news of Sunrise Christian School to be spread far and wide around the country, and that more people understand the necessity of Christian education in our day.
– That Government legislation will not prevent the existence of Christian schools.
“Continue in prayer, and watch in it with thanksgiving;” Colossians 4:2.
Saturday the 10th of June we held a fantastic fundraising event at our school. Themed “Very Chocolicious” it embraced a variety of home-made chocolate creations kindly created by parents and staff. The coffee shop was open to all visitors from 1:30 – 3:30 pm.
The table was truly bountiful. It was chocolate heaven! Thanks to all who kindly participated and those who came to support the school. A big THANK YOU to the organiser – Mrs Janneke Fraser who put massive amount of work into making this event a success. We all had a wonderful time working and socialising together. A wee plant sale was organised just outside the entrance, to which parents contributed plants and seedlings. The event raised £311.66.
If you have any ideas for raising funds for the school, please let us know. Whether it is a penny collection held by your family, collection box at your local church, sponsored walk or cycle. Whatever idea you have, we will encourage you to support the work of our school in teaching children to God’s glory and making them aware of the greatness of our Lord through all aspects of education.
The last term of the school year has come and we would like to express our gratitude to the Lord for all His goodness in our lives and specifically in His dealings with Sunrise Christian School. We are thankful for those who faithfully pray for the school near and far!, Remember “…the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much,” James 5:16.
Please give thanks for:
– The hard work that Mrs Stewart and Mrs Campbell are putting in in the time of vacancy for the new head teacher Continue reading May 2017 Prayer Requests
We would like to express gratitude to all who supported our school by giving through BT My donate, the link to which you can always find on our website!
BT MyDonate is a fundraising platform that, unlike some other giving sites, doesn’t charge charities any registration or subscription fees, or take any commission on donations- meaning every penny donated goes straight to Sunrise Christian School!
A lot of our supporters find it convenient as MyDonate is very easy to use and it gives you options to:
- choose to remain anonymous
- send a personalised message with your donation
- set up a regular contribution
- make a one off donation
- Gift aid your contributions
It has been a wonderful tool in helping us reach our goals in providing Christian education here in Glasgow for those who value the Lord’s standards in raising their children!
We are grateful to all who keep praying for our school. Your prayers have nourished the school and helped it grow and develop in the way the Lord has intended.
Please give thanks for:
· The service that Mr McCollum has given to the school and the growth that the school has had in the last 2 years
· All our supporters that make it possible for children to have affordable Christian education here in Glasgow Continue reading April prayer requests
We really appreciate all the prayers and support from all our friends. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and spread the word to others.
Give thanks for:
- the progress we’re seeing in each of the pupils as they learn and develop.
- prospective families visiting the school and new supporters expressing interest.
- a successful Open Day with new contacts.
- our Board making wise decisions for the good of the school.
- a new administrator and new classroom assistants.
Please pray for:
- a new head teacher to replace Mr McCollum once he leaves to become a minister in Stornoway.
- a new building so that we can continue to have spaces for new pupils.
- all our pupils to have faith in Christ and live their lives to His glory.
- wisdom for those considering Christian education for their children.